I was excited when Ashley tagged me in the 6 things you should know about me post as I was sitting here trying to decide what to post for today. I love reading Ashley's Blog so if you haven’t checked it out yet, make sure to just over there and do that! I also noticed after reading Ashley’s answers that she and I are a lot alike which makes it really fun to follow along on her blog.
1. What is something you never thought you would do or accomplish but have? Honestly, when I was younger I never thought I would find my birth parents and meet each of them and their families. It was something I have always dreamed of and hoped for, but never really let myself think it would come true.
2. If you could only take one thing to an uninhabited environment what would you take (think Naked and Afraid)? I would take my husband. I know I should probably take food or water or a blanket or something but I love traveling to new places with D. Whenever we plan a trip we try to go places neither of us has been before because we love to explore and learn new things together. Plus, he’s who I enjoy spending time with more than anyone, so I might as well go somewhere completely uninhabited with my favorite person.
3. Who is the most influential person in your life? This it tough because I have some amazing role models and people in my life but it would probably be my grandmother. She is no longer around, but I learned so much from her growing up. I used to have “take your granddaughter to work days” with her so I could spend more time with her and learn about her job. Even up until her last few days, I was learning new things from her. She was one of the toughest most passionate people I have ever met. Throughout her life she dealt with some big struggles, but her determination and passion was always overflowing.
4. Tell us something we don't know about you. I’m not sure if people know this or not, but I grew up in Upstate New York and moved to Oregon the summer before I started high school. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but something I definitely wouldn’t change. I can remember riding in the car with my mom on the first day of high school and just crying because I didn’t know a single person and I was so scared to be the new kid. After a few weeks I had a few new friends, after a year a had a bunch, and senior year I was crowned Homecoming Queen by my peers. That sad freshman in the car with her mom was suddenly not so alone. I found activities I liked, friends I grew close to, and a new place to call home.
5. If you could open your own business what kind of good or service would you provide? What would you business be like? This is just like Ashley. I would want to open my own photography business. I have started a Facebook page, which I don’t update very often, but it’s a place to post some of the photo-shoots I have done. I would love to be able to do photography full time, but struggle with the confidence to put myself out there and really go for it. If you’re interested in checking it out take a look at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Libby-Brooks-Photography/
6. If you had to be stuck in one season for the rest of your life what would it be? It would definitely be fall. While I love the sunshine, swimming, pumpkin patches and summer dresses, I love pumpkin spice, scarves, leaves, and sweaters even more! Plus, that means were getting closer to Christmas, but without all the rain!
Thanks for reading my 6 things you don’t know about me! Here are the six people I tag to learn a little more about them too if they’re interested!
2. Julia Rose