To say our currently living situation has taken some time to get used to would be a complete understatement. Going from living in our own 1300 square foot house, to living in a 10x10 room and sharing a 900 square foot house with another person, his girlfriend half of the time, and two cats and two dogs has been a bit insane. For someone like myself who likes things organized and clean, living in a bachelor pad again makes me want to scream a little bit. It wasn't until we moved in and spent a few days there that I really started to realize all the things I had forgotten about having a roommate. . . . especially one that's a boy. So here are a few things I have been
- You can't walk around without a bra on . . . .or at least you have to be more careful about the clothes you choose not to wear a bra under. Sweatshirt=yes, tank top =no. This definitely causes a struggle when I need to get up in the night to relieve my tiny bladder and have to walk to the other side of the house passed my roommates open bedroom door. No bueno!
- Singing in the shower . . . it depends on how
- Leaving a load of laundry in the dryer and forgetting about it . . . I'm not to the point, nor do I feel like I'll ever be to the point where I feel very comfortable with the idea that he is seeing, much less touching my underwear. This means I'm a slave to that dryer bell unfortunately.
- Walking around naked or in a towel - I thought I was passed the days where I had to take my shower caddy and all my clothes for the day to the bathroom with me to shower and get ready, but apparently we're back to that! College dorm, I've missed you, NOT!
- Cleaning up after people other than my husband - If you got it dirty, you should clean it up. While I know it's an inconvenience to have extra people living with you (although we are paying a large portion of your rent) I still think that calls for cleaning up after yourself and chipping in a bit when it comes to household duties. You're welcome for taking out the trash the last two weeks, cleaning up after your dog that pooped in the living room and mowing your lawn.
- You have a bedroom, use it - Yes I realize I came home earlier than I was supposed to because my meeting got over early, but I would rather not walk in on you and your girlfriend making out on the couch when you have a perfectly good bed in your room that has a door you can close. Thanks!
I really shouldn't complain that much because this living situation is definitely helping us save money and allowing us to not be homeless for the next two months, but I'm just in a complaining mood today. (sorry) Maybe I should have titled this post Friday Complaints, or Libby's Bitchfest....either way, sorry for being a downer today! I'm looking forward to some time off this weekend and a few drinks. Our house is slowly but surely coming along, and I can only imagine how much more excited I will be to be in our own place again when that time comes!