Here are 25 ideas for awesome fundraisers that have been successful in events I've been a part of
2. Team Garage Sale - Host this either at someone's home, ask a local business to use their parking lot, or attend a larger area wide garage sale with your team. One of our teams has attended a large garage sale hosted at the Portland Convention Center which saw TONS of traffic! Check in to these large scale sales in your area.
3. Coin Jars - Place these at people's workplaces, houses and local businesses with permission - that way any spare change people might have can be donated to your team.
4. Raffles - (Check your local raffle rules) We raffled off a Treager (smoker) BBQ that our team pitched in to purchase. We ended up making over $1,000 and sold tickets for $10 each.
5. Car Wash
6. Candy Sales - Places like See's Candy offer different fundraising programs where a percentage of your sales would go back to your team.
7. Pop Can Drive
8. Flock Someone's Lawn - get a flock of fake flamingos and have people pay to have them placed in friends and families' lawns
9. Egg Their Lawn - Have people pay to have Easter eggs put in their yards for their kids to find on Easter morning - This was a huge hit and a great fundraiser for our team!
10. Bingo Party, Poker Party, or Bunko Party - Make sure to check your local lottery laws first, but a fun way to get your friends and family together and involved in your fundraising!
11. Car Show
12. Host a running event such as a 5k and charge an entry fee
13. Percentage Nights - Ask local restaurants to give back a percentage of their sales for a day or evening
14. Silent Auction
15. Dinner Dance - charge for tickets and provide food, music and dancing
16. Sell Something You Made - We sold homemade necklaces and made over $1,000
17. Face Painting at events
18. Car Crunch - Charge people to take a swing at an old car
19. Pie In The Face
20. Wine Pull - Ask everyone to bring a bottle of wine to your party and then charge people $5 to pick one of the wine's at random.
21. Christmas Tree sales - Partner with a local tree grower or lot and agree to help them publicize their sales if they will give a portion back to your team.
22. Parking Sales at local festivals - Offer to help sell and park cars for a local event or festival in exchange for a percentage going back to your event
23. Sell T-Shirts - Design and print your own shirts and sell them
24. Make Something and sell it - One year we made our own heart pendants for necklaces and sold them. Each one was personalized with beads of the buyers choosing and we made close to $1000
25. On site fundraisers - If your event happens all on one site, charge people to take photos at a photo booth, host a dunk tank, sell lap beads if it's a walking event, or sell different crafts. You have a captive audience at your event that is there for a reason, so try to get them involved in your fundraising!